How do I get rid of the soap opera effect on my Vizio TV?
- Go to settings.
- Select picture options.
- Scroll down to the advanced picture menu and select it.
- Select Smooth Motion Effect, and switch it off.
What setting on my TV makes it look like a soap opera? Every TV manufacturer seems to use its own term for motion smoothing. LG calls it TruMotion, Samsung calls it Auto Motion Plus, Sony calls it MotionFlow. Outside of a few edge cases, the setting for your TV probably has the word “motion” somewhere in the name.
How do I stop my TV from looking like a soap opera?
- Navigate to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings (Picture Clarity Settings).
- The default setting is Auto.
- Select Auto Motion Plus (Picture Clarity) to change the setting to either Off or Custom.
Which TVS have soap opera effect?
Many TV companies have their own name for their frame interpolation processing/algorithm:
- SONY Motionflow.
- Samsung Auto Motion Plus.
- Sharp AquoMotion.
- Toshiba ClearFrame or ClearScan.
- Vizio Smooth Motion.
- LG TruMotion.
- JVC Clear Motion Drive.