How do I turn off the motion smoothing on my Sharp Aquos? Press the Home button to go to the Android TV home screen, then scroll down to Settings. Select System Settings, then Picture. Scroll down to Motionflow or Motion Smoothing and turn it off.
How do I get rid of the soap opera effect on my TV?
- Navigate to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings (Picture Clarity Settings).
- The default setting is Auto.
- Select Auto Motion Plus (Picture Clarity) to change the setting to either Off or Custom.
Which TVs have soap opera effect?
Many TV companies have their own name for their frame interpolation processing/algorithm:
- SONY Motionflow.
- Samsung Auto Motion Plus.
- Sharp AquoMotion.
- Toshiba ClearFrame or ClearScan.
- Vizio Smooth Motion.
- LG TruMotion.
- JVC Clear Motion Drive.
What setting makes my TV look like a soap opera? Actually, what you’re probably looking at is a common feature that many LED-LCD TV manufacturers build into TVs and have been doing for some time. What you’re seeing is called video interpolation, aka the Soap Opera Effect, and it’s something even Tom Cruise wants you to be aware of.