What is a Mexican soap opera called? A telenovela is a type of a television serial drama or soap opera produced primarily in Latin America. The word combines tele (for “television”) and novela (meaning “novel”).
What is the most popular soap opera in Mexico? After premiering in 2011, La Reina del Sur became one of Telemundo’s most popular shows ever, and FYI, a third season is on the way.
What is the most famous telenovela?
- Yo soy Betty, la fea (1999–2001) TV-PG | 30 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance.
- Corazón salvaje (1993– ) 30 min | Drama, Romance.
- Pasión de gavilanes (2003–2022)
- Rubí (2004)
- Missing (2010)
- Alguien Te Mira (2010– )
- La fea más bella (2006–2007)
- Pedro el escamoso (2001– )
What is the longest running Mexican telenovela? Arrayán was a Spanish TV soap opera which was aired on Canal Sur. It became the longest running soap opera in Spanish television history, more than 2.400 episodes were aired between 2001 and 2013.