What is the best daytime soap opera?
- Guiding Light (1952–2009) TV-14 | 60 min | Drama, Romance.
- As the World Turns (1956–2010)
- Another World (1964–1999)
- All My Children (1970–2011)
- General Hospital (1963– )
- Days of Our Lives (1965– )
- The Young and the Restless (1973– )
- The Bold and the Beautiful (1987– )
Are there any daytime soap opera’s left? The move left just three soap operas remaining on network TV: ABC’s “General Hospital,” and CBS’s “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.”
Why are serials called daily soaps? Even in the early days of TV, such programs were shown daily in order to increase the awareness of cleanliness among the expatriate Europeans. Later they were replaced by serials, but they also came to be called daily soaps. Gradually this word became famous all over the world.
What’s the most famous soap opera? Coronation Street (1960-present) Having premiered in December 1960 and still airing to this day, Coronation Street holds the Guinness World Record for longest running soap opera, clocking up 61 years on British TV screens this December.