What is the best soap opera of all time?
- Guiding Light (1952–2009) TV-14 | 60 min | Drama, Romance.
- As the World Turns (1956–2010)
- Another World (1964–1999)
- All My Children (1970–2011)
- General Hospital (1963– )
- Days of Our Lives (1965– )
- The Young and the Restless (1973– )
- The Bold and the Beautiful (1987– )
Are there any daytime soap opera’s left? The move left just three soap operas remaining on network TV: ABC’s “General Hospital,” and CBS’s “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.”
Is Port Charles a spin off of General Hospital? Port Charles (commonly abbreviated as PC) is an American television soap opera that aired on ABC from June 1, 1997, to October 3, 2003. It was a spin-off of the series General Hospital, which has been running since 1963 and takes place in the fictional city of Port Charles, New York.
What makes a show a soap opera? The soap opera is characterized by a permanent cast of actors, a continuing story, emphasis on dialogue instead of action, a slower-than-life pace, and a consistently sentimental or melodramatic treatment.