What is the longest running soap opera in the world? The longest-running current television soap is Coronation Street, which was first broadcast on ITV in 1960, with the record for the longest running soap opera in history being held by Guiding Light, which began on radio in 1937, transitioned to television in 1952, and ended in 2009.
What’s the oldest soap opera on TV? Having premiered in December 1960 and still airing to this day, Coronation Street holds the Guinness World Record for longest running soap opera, clocking up 61 years on British TV screens this December.
What is the best soap opera of all time?
- Guiding Light (1952–2009) TV-14 | 60 min | Drama, Romance.
- As the World Turns (1956–2010)
- Another World (1964–1999)
- All My Children (1970–2011)
- General Hospital (1963– )
- Days of Our Lives (1965– )
- The Young and the Restless (1973– )
- The Bold and the Beautiful (1987– )
What soap has the most episodes? Not only is Guiding Light the longest-running soap, at more than 15,000 episodes (and still going), it is also the longest-running non-news program in U.S. television history. Like many of the oldest soaps, Guiding Light began in 1937 as a radio program before making the transition to television on June 30, 1952.