Why does my Sony TV look like a soap opera? Sony calls its motion smoothing MotionFlow. You can disable or adjust the settings to turn off motion smoothing, or tweak it to your comfort level. MotionFlow settings can be found here: Home > Settings > Picture Settings > Picture Adjustments > Advanced Settings > Motion > MotionFlow Settings.
How do I turn on soap opera effect?
- Navigate to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings (Picture Clarity Settings).
- The default setting is Auto.
- Select Auto Motion Plus (Picture Clarity) to change the setting to either Off or Custom.
What is MotionFlow on Sony Bravia? The Motionflow™ 120 system uses an advanced panel while Sony’s algorithm detects vertical, horizontal and diagonal motion. This helps transform the viewing experience. For everything from movies to news to the fastest action sports, the picture is smooth, sharp and lifelike.
Which TVs have soap opera effect?
Many TV companies have their own name for their frame interpolation processing/algorithm:
- SONY Motionflow.
- Samsung Auto Motion Plus.
- Sharp AquoMotion.
- Toshiba ClearFrame or ClearScan.
- Vizio Smooth Motion.
- LG TruMotion.
- JVC Clear Motion Drive.